Warm Potato Salad with Beer Dressing
- 1-1,2 kg peeled potatoes (or unpeeled, when fresh)
- 1 dl finely chopped mild red or yellow onions
- 0,5dl finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
For beer dressing:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1dl finely chopped onions
- 2dl pale ale
- 3 tablespoons malt or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the salad:
Cook the potatoes in salted water, about 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile preapre dressing.
To make the dressing:
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until just soft, about 5 minutes. Add the lager, vinegar, and sugar and boil for 5 minutes. Put into a food processor with the mustard. With the motor running, slowly pour in the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil. Taste for salt and pepper.
When potatoes are soft and cooled down a bit, slice them, into 5mm rounds. While the potatoes are still warm, gently mix them with the onions, parsley, and beer dressing. Do not overmix or the potatoes may break into pieces.
Taste for salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped chives. Serve warm or at room temperature.